Brighton Brunswick Cricket Club
Rules as approved at the AGM dated 28 January 2016
1. The name and purpose of the Club.
- The name of the Club shall be Brighton Brunswick Cricket Club, (the Club).
- The purpose of the Club is the performance and development of the Game of Cricket.
- Membership of the Club shall be subject to the approval of the General Committee.
- Once elected to membership, the person so elected shall become a member of the club upon payment of his subscription for the then current year. The Annual Subscription shall be payable on or before the 1st May for any year. In the event of a member failing to pay his subscription by the 1st May he will be deemed to be suspended and not entitled to enjoy any of the benefits or carry any of the responsibilities of being a member of the club. If he has not paid his subscription by the 1st July of that year his membership shall be deemed to be rescinded.
- The President, Honorary Vice Presidents and the Vice Presidents shall be deemed to be members of the club.
3. Annual General Meeting.
Every year the club will hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) between the 15th January and 15th March. This will be convened by the Secretary giving all members at least 10 days' Notice in writing. At the AGM the following business will be transacted by democratic vote.
- The President will be elected.
- The Honorary Vice Presidents and Vice Presidents will be elected.
- The officers, who are Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Hon Director of Cricket, Hon. Social Secretary and Honorary Fixtures Secretary, will be elected.
- Two members without portfolio may be elected as Officers to the General Committee. They together with the officers shall be the members of The General Committee for the following year. The President shall be an ex – Officio member of the General Committee
- With the exception of illness any committee member being absent from 3 successive meetings will be deemed to have resigned.
- Before 30th November in the year proceeding the AGM the Secretary shall write to all members requesting:
- Notification of their proposals for the changes to the existing appointments in (a), (b), (c) and (d) above.
- Recommendations for new Vice Presidents.
4. Annual Subscription and Match Fees.
The fixing of the Annual Subscription and Match Fees for the following year will be agreed.
5. Entitlement to vote
Only members aged 18 years and over shall be entitled to vote.
6. A Quorum for meetings
A quorum at any General Meeting shall be 10.
7. The General Committee
The management of the Club shall be vested in the General Committee, which may delegate whatever functions it considers are appropriate, to one or more of the Officers of the Club, or to a sub-committee, to ensure the effective day-to-day running of the Club. The General Committee shall meet at least twice per year. All nominations for Officers and new Vice Presidents must be considered in advance of the Annual General Meeting, by the General Committee, which will make formal recommendations to the Annual General Meeting. Any member wishing to make a nomination shall give the Hon. Secretary notice in writing of such nomination 14 days prior to the A.G.M.
8. Extraordinary General Meeting
In the event of members wishing an EGM to be convened the following principles shall apply:
- The members requiring the E.G.M. shall be at least 25% of the membership of the Club or at least 4 members of the General Committee (the convening members).
- The convening members shall give Notice in writing to the Secretary (signed by each of them) specifying the terms of the resolution(s) they require the E.G.M. to consider.
- Upon receipt of such Notice the Secretary shall convene the E.G.M. within 21 days.
- The E.G.M. shall be convened by at least 10 days' Notice in writing being given to all the members. Such Notice shall specify the Resolution(s) the convening members wish to have considered.
9. Members responsibilities and acknowledgement
All members of the Club must observe the rules of all leagues and associations to which the Club is affiliated. All member on applying to join the Club acknowledge that they waive their right to privacy of information supplied to the club for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended)
10. Cancellation of membership
The General Committee shall have the power to cancel the membership of anyone whose behaviour it considers is not in the best interests of the club.
11. The Secretary
The Secretary shall record the minutes of all of all formally convened meetings.
12. The Treasurer
The Financial year of the Club shall run from the 1st January each year to following 31st. December unless the committee directs otherwise. The Treasurer shall submit a Statement of Account for the previous financial year of the club to the Annual General Meeting for approval.
13. The Rules
These rules shall not be added to, amended or rescinded, except by the AGM or EGM. Notice of any proposal for addition, amendment or rescission shall be given to the Secretary in writing, for consideration at the AGM in any year, before 1st November, or for consideration at an EGM in the Notice requiring the EGM. Any amendment to such proposal shall be allowed for consideration by the Meeting at the Chairman's discretion, providing it does not alter the substance of the proposal. Any addition, amendment or rescission shall only be effective if passed by a two-thirds majority of those present and voting.